Finglas United Youth Football Clubs existence depends on all of its volunteers and the voluntary effort they put in .
Behind every clubs success is a group of Volunteers who work tirelessly, becoming the driving force in its ability to offer football opportunities in the local community.
It is important that the club provides a healthy environment for volunteers and recruits the right people for the right job.
The following recruitment steps will help to protect young people and assist in placing volunteers in a position to which they are suited and supported.
a. Main duties and responsibilities
b. Qualifications, attributes and skills required
c. An estimated time commitment.
The volunteer role will be publicised through the club’s communication channels
2. Application form – A brief application form will be provided for all applicants. This ensures the relevant information is collected and that all interested parties are treated fairly.
3. Interview – The applicants will sit through an informal interview meeting with at least two members of the Committee or designees. The interview process will explore the applicant’s ability to carry out the job description and meet the person specification
4. Reference – Every applicant will provide at least two references who will be contacted before the commencement of any role.
5. Garda Vetting & Safeguarding – In line with legislation and the FAI’s child welfare policy everyone working with children or vulnerable adults will require Garda Vetting and attend a Safeguarding 1 course before starting their role.
6. Induction – Every new volunteer will have received an induction to ensure that they are familiar with their surroundings, comfortable and made aware of the club’s policies and procedures. They will also be paired with a ‘buddy’; ideally, the buddy would be someone who has done these particular tasks before
7. Training – Where possible the club will provide Induction training or on the job training and details of ongoing training to upskill volunteers.
8. Support - The Club & Academy will support all volunteers and will have regular meetings with the volunteers to discuss any problems or issues that may arise.
9. Volunteers – All volunteers will adhere to the club rules/constitution and the FAI’s rules and code of conducts.
This Volunteer policy is freely accessible to all. It will be reviewed on a yearly basis to adapt or improve it.